 Administrative / General / 8893
Re: Need help posting from IE5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 08:46:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Seibert writes:
I am having trouble posting to the newgroups directly from IE5. I have gone
throught the setup and I have the following questions. Do I need to use the
password option for the newsgroups and automatically include the password.
Is there a setting for the newsgroups I may have missed. I use port 119 and
lugnet.com and I have tried the other option and port settings. The
newsgroups download properly and without hint of a problem so I am not sure
what is causing the problem. I would appreciate any help someone has to offer.

James,

You say you're using IE5, but then talk about setting up ports & newsgroups.
Are you using Outlook Express, or the web interface to post? If you're using
Outlook Express, you don't need to specify a password. You do need to make sure
the email address you specify is the same as the one you entered in the Lugnet
posting setup.

What error are you getting when you try to post?

ROSCO