 Administrative / General / Search Results: password
 Results 401 – 420 of 524.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

(...) Draconian and rather big-parentish. Why can't I take the risk of a sucky password if I so choose? Not that I personally would, mind you. Now, unlike government jackbootedness, we do as consumers have a choice not to use Lugnet... but what (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Member Passwords - how to purge ones you can't remember?

(...) Send me an email tonight and I'll wipe out the lot. (*Don't* mail me your password.) Because they're stored encrypted, there's no way to wipe any one out selectively unless you know what it is. Then you can set up the one you want to keep (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Upcoming system changes

(...) Todd, just for clarification, are other 3-letter animals that aren't on the list ok for use? I just changed my password to PIG, but I wanted it to be COW because that's what I use for Paypal. If not then I guess I'll just moove that one to PIG (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Membership

(...) Ditto. I'm not stressing over it since it seems to make little difference to anything. As Larry P says, the sign-in password is the main thing. Kerry (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

Todd Lehman skrev i meddelandet ... (...) I think that's unwise (to _force_ people to use an acknowledged pw). Two reasons: - one cannot choose a password that is easy to remember --> it will be written down in some easy accessible place. - by (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Enhanced verification (was: Re: What the F.......)

(...) OK I think I am getting this now. Actually it tripped another synapse :-) and I got another idea that might be bad and it might not. Actually it might even be similar to some of the ideas you have allready mentioned. How about if durring (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Actually, I'd seen someone rating quite a few of your articles highly, and I kinda assumed that it was you :) :) My password is kinda easy to remember as passwords go, containing my initials, a single repeated digit and a naff name that I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

(...) You put more at risk than your own data or matters when you choose a sucky password. (Think about it.) (...) Increased probability of successful brute-force compromises. (...) Have I somehow given you the impression that that the only purpose (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: new posts send via e-mail

(...) I only use my at-home machine and I'm always logged in. (I have no idea what my password is) So, do I really need some other confirmation code to simply add a group to my rcv-by-email list? Wait! don't answer that. I'll assume it's a "yes." (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Web interface

(...) I think that's probably more of an advanced "member" feature more than a regular "user" feature because it involves storing config gunk on the server for each person -- and authentication an ID and a password and all that -- and our plan in (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Becoming a member

(...) IIRC Todd & Suz stopped sending out membership "packets" after ... umm... I forget, but after a certain point. Afterwards (now), they just send out the password so that you may access member-specific pages through the web-interface. DaveE (FUT (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Some minor issues fixed...

Hi all, I realized this morning that parts of the news posting and news to mail subscription signup as well als the password change pages did not work correctly. These pages are now fixed, so you should be able to sign up for posting/subscriptions (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Mode. (...) OK, make me confirm my confirm (each time warning the non geeky that maybe, just maybe, they ought to use the one the were given) when I go to pick my password, then subject it to a few quick checks to see if it was a good choice (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G1EAr4.F49@lugnet.com... (...) stuff, (...) primary (...) send (...) one (...) Oh, hi Todd. I should have checked this NG before emailing you... Anyway, I emailed you about <thinking> 5 (?) (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Membership trouble....

Hi all, On May 18, I signed up for an account. I paid the $10 using PayPal, and then... nothing happened. I still haven't received a password for logging in to the site. Can anybody help me or who can I mail for help with this problem? The (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

From the last two posts, I think I have arrived at my own conclusion on this matter. Todd wants to protect his hard earned work by issuing complicated passwords that theoretically cannot be hacked. I can't blame Todd for this notion, it seems to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.001)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) ouch. How easy is it for a thief to get your customer number? How many digits is your PIN? (...) natch. :) (...) Disable accounts on repeated fails and you make it trivial to DoS someone. Disable IP addresses and you lock out the innocent on (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  (canceled)

password
(score: 1.000)

  (canceled)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

This is an interesting subject. However, I only know one person who keeps a written note of his password/ATM number etc. The only reason he does this is because he is dyslexic. Despite that, I'm sure that as more and more web services now ask for (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>