 Administrative / General / 8642
Re: Member Passwords - how to purge ones you can't remember?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 23:24:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori writes:
Quick (or not-so-quick) question.
How can one purge passwords that one cannot remember?

Send me an email tonight and I'll wipe out the lot.  (*Don't* mail me your
password.)  Because they're stored encrypted, there's no way to wipe any one
out selectively unless you know what it is.  Then you can set up the one you
want to keep after things are reset.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have some sort of "purge all but these (give
list) pw's" and by process of elimination it could purge the others.

--Todd