 Administrative / General / 8641
8640  |  8642
Subject:
Member Passwords - how to purge ones you can't remember?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:20:38 GMT

Hi Todd,

Quick (or not-so-quick) question.

How can one purge passwords that one cannot remember?

See, I just added a new pw and was notified that I now have no less than 5
passwords. Gee! I had no idea. I don't know, I guess I just forgot to retire
them all, and now I can't remember all of them.

So what's the solution? I *do* want to keep the original one, in case something
happens and I forget all the others, and also the most recent two (one I added
right now, and another one that I used til now, until the new one is etched in
my mind). But there are two more pws that I'd like to purge. Is that possible
for you to do? I could email you the three I do want to keep.

If it's too much trouble, then forget it, no big deal.

Thanks, and hope that even makes sense,
-Shiri