 Administrative / General / 8644
Re: Member Passwords - how to purge ones you can't remember?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 04:38:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori writes:
Quick (or not-so-quick) question.
How can one purge passwords that one cannot remember?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have some sort of "purge all but these (give
list) pw's" and by process of elimination it could purge the others.

Shiri,

You can be the first to try the new "retire all old passwords" option:

   http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/pw/

You tell it which one to keep, and it purges the others for you.  You can
then add a second or third one back if you like...or just keep one.

BTW, it's significantly less picky about new pw's than it was several months
ago.  I implemented some of KL's and ++Lar's suggestions about brute-force
attack detection and IP-address denial on failed login attempts.

--Todd