 Administrative / General / 9951
  Re: Bulk Lego Auctions

(...) Yes, unless the charter was revised in a later message. I made this suggestion earlier, but I think it got lost in the noise so I'll repeat it: what if the confirmation e-mail contained text asking the user to make sure the message complies (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bulk Lego Auctions

(...) heh, heard ya the first time, and I like the idea... I'll see if I can find time to code this... :) Dan (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bulk Lego Auctions

(...) This was a good suggestion, and needs to be expanded to the web interface: On the page for posting a message, there could be either the entire text of the charter for the group being posted/replied to, or at least a link to it. To cover (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bulk Lego Auctions

(...) Would having a link in the nntp headers to the groups charter (as a 'X-' line) be of any help? It'd allow you to go to any post and click on it and get the charter. Since the Web already has a equivalent (the link in corner thing) so it could (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bulk Lego Auctions

(...) as promised, it's now in place. When you get the email confirmation, you should get links to all the charters of the groups you're posting to. :) Dan (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bulk Lego Auctions

(...) Very cool, thanks! --Bill. (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Charter Links (was Re: Bulk Lego Auctions)

(...) Yep, it's there, and it's good to have a convenient way to get to charters. But I notice that (at least in Pine) the charter links are more than a screenful of text below the front of the message. If all I did was reply with my "x" in the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Charter Links (was Re: Bulk Lego Auctions)

(...) well, I'm open to suggestions - though I think the message authentication part is more important... especially after the first time you post. These links are more to allow you to look up a charter when you need it, than to force you to read it (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)