 Administrative / General / 9865 (-10)
  Re: Is Eduardo is out of line? (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

(...) Despite having previously been labled a homophobe myself, I second this. Why not make gay characters? Heck, I might even purchase or create a couple of gay characters myself just to include in a story concept if I were so inclined to do so. (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Eduardo is out of line (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

(...) Homophobia is wrong in my view. Very wrong and very misguided. But expressing one's opinion about it, even if it is hateful, isn't directly against the ToS, I don't think. (...) I agree, because his speech is a strong and clear cut violation (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Is Eduardo is out of line? (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

(...) It's called "homophobia" because bigotry is fear-based. Hating homosexuals is just as wrong as hating black people or Jews. XFUT: lugnet.off-topic.debate --Bill. (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message news:m2ofktbfq0.fsf_...rds.net... (...) I think he should be repirmanded as well - only for swearing though. His response was very distasteful and out of line, though I don't think he can or should (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Is Eduardo is out of line? (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

(...) Why shouldn't they make gay character's? I don't think you should tell people what to do or not to do. Don't like it, don't look at it. (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Is Eduardo is out of line? (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

I do object to the swearing, but I agree that people should not make LEGO minifigs into gay characters. Anyway, just because someone doesn't like gay minifigs doesn't mean that they're homophobic. Instead of homophobia, they could be homoodious (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Eduardo is out of line (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

First swearing, and now homophobia. I strongly feel that Señor Harte should be officially reprimanded, at a minimum... --Bill. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) I'll second this thought as well. This is the second time this subject has come up with his name attached. This is supposed to be a family forum... -Duane (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

This type of speech really necessary? -- Mike Edwards Lugnet Member #151 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Kanohi-Power - Bionicle Site on the web (URL) shop - Edwards Parts (URL) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Agreed. (...) After waiting a couple days to see if this post would get a reply, I'm writing to voice my agreement with Larry and my disagreement with how issues like this are handled on LUGNET. In essence, by Suz stating that she doesn't want (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact