 Administrative / General / 9623
Re: **Auczilla domain has been hijacked for adult content**
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 05:48:17 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Gerber writes:

I think Todd would be the first to say that "we" haven't lost
anything...another case of his domain, his loss, his potential problem.

In one sense I totally agree. We lost nothing. HE lost his property.

But in another I do not agree. While Todd has no obligation to anyone to
keep his domains owned, I did *indeed* suffer a loss when Fibblesnork went
away. I lost time I would rather have spent somewhat differently going
through my sites and cleaning them. It was rather time consuming as the link
was on every page. I expect the lost time on the part of (a lot of) others
was significant too.

<snip>

But my proposal is in the nature of insurance against lost time in the
future.

<snip>

Now maybe we already suffered the biggest loss with fibblesnork because that
was the most pervasive. AucZILLA is mentioned on maybe a dozen of my pages
at most.  Much less pervasive.

<snip>

Helps explain?

Oh yeah...no problems really...just playing "Todd's advocate" here (doesn't
have the same evil connotation as devil's advocate...or *does* it?
Mwah-ha-ha-ha!)

I also hate to see domains get lost, either in the shuffle or
intentionally...the .org domain for a non-profit I work with was seized by
NameZero recently, causing me no end of headaches...and would support
efforts to save ANY domain attached to things I enjoy.

Now, as to that whole $5.00 per minute pay scale...Mercator got any
openings? <geez!> 8?)

Matt