 Administrative / General / 9200 (-20)
  Re: A suggestion for posting via the Web interface

(...) Whereas I like your suggestion (because I have done the same thing before), I have to think that Todd will "low-priority" this request -- there being such a lot of other stuff to attend to. For dumb***es like ourselves, I recommend a text (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) I can see your handywork already Todd. Thanks. -Duane (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) I've been lying low and keeping quite, in fear of ID theft and for sheer stupidity of this thread, but I must chime in. From what I've observed, Todd has been A) ignoring this to see if it will go away, or B) Posting and canceling, presumably (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) Todd, Is there anything we can do about this clown? It's one thing to have a personality that nobody else seems to like, but trying to fake someone elses name in a NG is downright irritating to the extreme. TOSs him out again... -Duane (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Security (was: Re: I'm back...)

(...) to (...) post a (...) something (...) How would that work with people who have a dialup-account and no fixed IP? What about users behind a firewall (multiple users with one IP)? The other way around: what if people post from different (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Security (was: Re: I'm back...)

(...) Ok, I see this in the top part: Subject: Re: Security (was: Re: I'm back...) From: jmolen@globalxs.nl (Jaco van der Molen) Jaco van der Molen Reply-To: jmolen@globalxs.nl Newsgroups: lugnet.admin.general Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:08:03 GMT Now (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Security (was: Re: I'm back...)

"blessing" <blessing@icefog.net> wrote in message news:GDvuD0.72r@lugnet.com... (...) AFAIK, yes he is. (...) Because this is an open forum, based on trust: no passwords are required to actually post something. Based on the info I'm required to (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) I agree there's a point there, but there are also more polite and appropriate ways of going about making that point. Anyways, I cleaned it up a bit. Didn't fix the dates (yet) because that'll take a little bit more time. If anyone wants to do (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I'm back...

(...) Hence the futility of banning/repeat-cancelling Mr Moulton. I would never defend his past actions, but I see no point in continually bringing them up. Especially when he actually has some good stuff to show off, despite the rat-baggage. Who (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: new news group

all user created software but i', sure lego software could come too i was interested in a group for design software(lcad, mlcad), sorting and set/collection tracking, macintosh, win32,unix,palm platforms (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ERROR

(...) Worked for me... might have been a temporary glitch. (or Todd might have fixed it already) James (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  ERROR

Got this error: "An internal server error occurred: Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at (eval 1) line 293. " after clicking the model team link on the red-fury page. Have a screenshot if you like. Duq (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: new news group

(...) Do you mean for CAD-related stuff ("building" with Lego on your computer, or making software to that end), or for using LEGO-produced software? (URL) did you have something else in mind? HTH! James (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  new news group

i would like to propose the addition of a lugnet.software news group. for uses of the computer and lego together. (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Skip-filter limit?

(...) Perfectly. Thanks! eric (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: A suggestion for posting via the Web interface

(...) I've done something similar: I once was in the middle of a (lengthy) message to .dear-lego and got tired of the small size of the screen, so I resized it. Of course, Netscape immediately reloaded the page, wiping out my message in the process (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact