 Administrative / General / 9189
Re: I'm back...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 06:06:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dave Low writes:
I disagree with the "demi-god" comment, and I think the "deal with it NOW"
banner is in atrocious taste. I'm not part of the ldraw community, and I
suppose how they remember James is their choice. However [very deep breath],
I think Matthew has a reasonable point.

Some of the memorial images are respectfully sombre, some less so. I'm not
convinced that the memorial page needs a dozen alternative image links. And
I think some effort should be made to get his year of birth correct on all
of them.

I agree there's a point there, but there are also more polite and
appropriate ways of going about making that point.

Anyways, I cleaned it up a bit.  Didn't fix the dates (yet) because that'll
take a little bit more time.  If anyone wants to do that, feel free.

Honoring and remembering someone in the community who has made a great
contribution, and balancing that with moving forward, is a difficult and
sensitive thing to do.  Different people hold different feelings towards
someone like James and his memory, effort needs to be made to be sensitive
to all.

-Tim
LDraw.org