 Administrative / General / 8225
Re: How do we ask for a new newsgroup to be set up?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:39:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Or is this post sufficient?

Several of us here in the UK would like a UK specific buy-sell-trade group.
The current market group is international and we would like to separate out
our buy-sell-trades when we want to only deal within the UK.

So our request would be for a lugnet.loc.uk.buy-sell-trade newsgroup.

What happens now?

The lugnet.loc.* hierarchy of groups is for locations -- countries, nations,
states, counties, cities, towns, boroughs, etc.  So it would need to go
somewhere in the lugnet.market.* group hierarchy (and I don't know where yet)
or, alternatively, if you have an official UKLUG now (this is the case,
isn't it?)

Yes. Well. In name only(?). The last time I can remember it mentioned, we
could not agreee on what "UK" meant.

then you could do lugnet.org.uk.uklug and do whatever market
stuff you want there (even auctions).

But if all you want is buying, selling, and trading (without auctions),
there's nothing that says you can't do that in the current lugnet.loc.uk
group or any of its subgroups, so long as the posts are related to the area
you're posting in.  (For example, U.S. people shouldn't post about their
worldwide sale in lugnet.loc.uk, but someone in the UK wanting to sell or
trade specifically to someone else in the UK can certainly feel free to
do so.)

Yes, this pretty much happens already. It is just noise though really.

Scott A

--Todd