 Administrative / General / 8227
Re: How do we ask for a new newsgroup to be set up?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:49:17 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Yes. Well. In name only(?). The last time I can remember it mentioned, we
could not agreee on what "UK" meant.

Lets work it out now then.  Basically there were 2 options, basically
whether to include Northern Ireland or not.  I now agree that UKLUG should
be the same area as lugnet.loc.uk - for standardization issues.

Yes, this pretty much happens already. It is just noise though really.

Basically it appears we can't have the newsgroup in the place where we want
it, so people will always mis-post here because the market newsgroup will be
buried.  I don't see why we can't have it in the loc.uk hierachy - I noticed
the Italians eventually want loc.it.trains and loc.it.space, etc.  If the UK
presence gets big enough it may be setup outside of LUGNET, a bit like the
German newsgroup, I don't want the LEGO community to be splintered.

Carbon 60