 Administrative / General / 7947
Re: Lugnet Membership - Idea !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:42:56 GMT

David Eaton wrote:
- Shipping speed is something that doesn't have much to do with a seller,
but with post - I usually send the stuff as soon as the money arrive - the
same day or the day after but  - while it travels only 10 days with surface
mail to Canada or Hong Kong,  it takes 20 days to USA  (I am from Croatia
/Europe) !

Well, shipping speed was really intended to mean 'the time between payment is
recieved and the time the package was apparently shipped out'. But that's
wordy, and I couldn't think of how exactly to sum it up in a word or two.

How about "seller turn around time" or "seller response time" (which
could actually judge the overall seller response time, both in
responding to the initial request to buy and in getting the package into
the mail once payment is received. Low scores should require comments by
the buyer (so you can guage the buyers expectations against the any
qualifications a seller places - like "I wait up to 10 days for checks
to clear before shipping" or "I only process orders on Saturday" or "I'm
out of the country, so I can easily process PayPal payments, but you may
have to wait until I get back home to process a check or money order
mailed to me.").

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com