 Administrative / General / 7917
Re: Lugnet Membership - Idea !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 02:22:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dejan Pavlovic writes:
Were there souch a debates in the past ?
I guess that all the lugnet members (and those who'd become members in
future) are nice people ....

There all very nice in person (I'm sure) but they can get nasty sometimes when
defending their beliefs (or otherwise just flaming). Yes, there have been such
debates. It still stings sometimes to think back to those, even to me (I
usually try to stay away from debates, or else reply calmly and rationally,
but not everyone does!). When the comments (...or flames) seem directed
personally to you (even if in reality they're not!), it's hard to just ignore
them and forget about the person who said them.

In other words, it becomes necessary for Lugnet to become a sale
custodian, where people have to register their sales with Lugnet...
... I guess that would mean whole new newsgroup I don't know it
Todd 's ready to do that ... :-))

Not necessarily a *group* per se, but a system to process the sales, I
suppose. It would be more like the set inventories (and set lists
repositories) than the newsgroups.

So you really like the idea ...

In theory, yes, it's good; the practibility issue is a whole different thing,
though.

-Shiri