 Administrative / General / 7918
Re: Lugnet Membership - Idea !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 05:39:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes:

On the other hand, you'd have to have something to prevent other members from
providing feedback that wasn't valid. Otherwise if Joe was mad at Jane, (if
even for non-sale reasons, like they got into a huge flame in l.o-t.debate) • Joe
could post negative feedback to Jane, tainting her record. In other words, it
becomes necessary for Lugnet to become a sale custodian, where people have to
register their sales with Lugnet... Again, it might follow the long-term plan,
but a lot will need to preceed this addition before it really works, I • think...

I think the eBay facility of allowing you to respond to feedback from others is
good - if you get negative feedback, and you don't think it's deserved, you can
reply to it. Seems to work well.

ROSCO