 Administrative / General / 7920
Re: Lugnet Membership - Idea !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:08:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dejan Pavlovic writes:
Hi !
Hi!

Were there souch a debates in the past ?
I guess that all the lugnet members (and those who'd become members in
future) are nice people ....

You betcha. I can remember a few particularly nasty ones, and I know people can
often be irrational when it comes to things like that....

In other words, it becomes necessary for Lugnet to become a sale
custodian, where people have to register their sales with Lugnet...
... I guess that would mean whole new newsgroup I don't know it
Todd 's ready to do that ... :-))

Well, not a newsgroup per se, but a registration system. Take a look at the new
set guide. At the bottom of some sets (not very many yet since it's a new
system), you'll see people that want to sell that set, and people that want to
buy the set. What would have to be added would be a system whereby buyers could
go through and search by sets for sale, by specific sets, or by specific
sellers... then Lugnet would pair people up, and find sellers who met the
buyers criteria, and assume that that the two parties would agree to the sale,
just like Brickbay, Ebay, etc. Bidding on one of those systems enters the buyer
and seller into a contract, etc, etc. And all that data's got to be stored on
Lugnet, which is something that isn't ready yet (but may be at some point...
who knows what Todd's planning :)

So you really like the idea ...
Although  - Item completness -  I sold a few incomplete sets but I always
stated that in item description  (so it should probably be aded in
"comments") ...

Hmm... how about "completness accuracy"... hence an item said to be only
missing 3 pieces, and actually missing those 3 gets a 10 for completeness
accuracy, (likewise with condition), but if 4 pieces are missing, perhaps they
get a 9 or something. Sound better?

- Shipping speed is something that doesn't have much to do with a seller,
but with post - I usually send the stuff as soon as the money arrive - the
same day or the day after but  - while it travels only 10 days with surface
mail to Canada or Hong Kong,  it takes 20 days to USA  (I am from Croatia
/Europe) !

Well, shipping speed was really intended to mean 'the time between payment is
recieved and the time the package was apparently shipped out'. But that's
wordy, and I couldn't think of how exactly to sum it up in a word or two. But
anyway, it's up to the buyer to decide what to do about things like that.
Buyers can ignore certain fields if they don't care all that much. If a buyer
isn't in a hurry to get a set, or don't care if the set's only 97% complete,
then they can ignore those fields.

DaveE