 Administrative / General / 7278
Re: Double posting.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:20:18 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:FyLv42.Ds0@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes: • [...]
Now that I think about it, I think the better way to go may be to launch a • new
window for the posting operation, leaving the old one right where it is • at.
The user goes through the posting process and when they are done and get • the
confirm screen the recommended option is to *close* that window. When they • do
so, voila, the window they were on resurfaces and they are exactly where • they
were before because they never left it!

Whenever I launch a new window, there's absolutely no doubt about it,
because it doesn't appear full-sized, it seems to appear centred on my
screen, so I know for sure the browser's been told to launch a new one if it
gets to be a problem of letting me know it's a new window.

However, I also use Outlook Express for posting to lugnet so it isn't really
a problem for me.  :-)

Cheers...

Geoffrey Hyde