 Administrative / General / 5231
Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:33:33 GMT

Well, I don't use IE at home, but the method outlined below worked just fine
for Netscape 4.04.  Just drag the desired link to the "personal toolbar."

-Joel

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Smallbeck writes:
I've been playing with the 'news' search,  as written it does not work for
me in IE5 (it works fine in my NS4.7).

OK, something else to try...  Anyone with MSIE4/5 care to try this out?--

  http://www.lugnet.com/quicksearch.html

Try right-clicking on the links there, or dragging them to your Links toolbar.
Does that work?

One problem was that it used double-quoted (") before...I just changed these
to single-quotes (') so that they would work better inside of an <A • HREF="xxx">
tag.  The other problem was the less-than comparison (<) which can confuse
HTML parsing.  I changed this to a not-equal comparison (!=) since it is
equivalent in this case.

--Todd