 Administrative / General / 5251
Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:21:26 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Smallbeck writes:
The problem is with: document.selection() where you are grabbing the
clipboard and passing it into the URL.  As stated earlier in this thread • I
have it working fine when this is removed.

OK, I split the JS code into two versions:  one for NN and the other for • M$IE.

http://www.lugnet.com/quicksearch.html

Is that getting closer?

Yup this works fine in MSIE 5! Great stuff!

I couldn't get the QuickSet working (it starts to download the CGI instead
of executing it (?)) So I modified the Set Search to popup in a new window:

javascript:void(q=prompt('LUGNET Set
Search',''));if(q){u='http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=';for(i=0;i!
=q.length;i++){c=q.charAt(i);u+=(c=='+')?'%2B':(c=='
')?'+':escape(c)}window.open(u,'Sets','toolbar=no');location.href=history.ba
ck;}

Note: After some experimenting I found that the "location.href=history.back"
is required to keep the URL of the current page (remove that part and see
what happens...)

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/