 Administrative / General / 5223
  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) Narf narf! :) Well, we don't admit to being experts on MSIE, but it definitely is possible (maybe not the exact way which was explained). (...) Maybe if we made a special HTML page with actual hyperlinks containing the magic stuff. I think you (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

Todd, I've been playing with the 'news' search, as written it does not work for me in IE5 (it works fine in my NS4.7). I removed q=document.selection and the second ')' from the if statement and it seems to work fine. I had to stick the whole thing (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) OK, something else to try... Anyone with MSIE4/5 care to try this out?-- (URL) right-clicking on the links there, or dragging them to your Links toolbar. Does that work? One problem was that it used double-quoted (") before...I just changed (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) HREF="xxx"> (...) I receive the following error in MSIE4 when launching the javascript from linkbar or favorites: 'Unable to open internet shortcut, the protocol "javascript" does not have a registered program' I'll play a little with it, if (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

While this makes it much easier to get then into the favorites and onto the links toolbar, it still seems not to work :/ Using the set search one, when I click on the button, nothing happens. Doesn't even give me an error, just nothing. Troy Todd (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

Well, I don't use IE at home, but the method outlined below worked just fine for Netscape 4.04. Just drag the desired link to the "personal toolbar." -Joel (...) HREF="xxx"> (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) IE 5 'document.getselection()' is generating 'object does not support this property or method' It is easier to drag that link up to the toolbar. Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) It adds the link all right, but then when you try to click on it in the fave menu, it says (in the bottom status bar) 'error on page'. Nothing else - it just doesn't come up. (I use IE5). -Shiri (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) toolbar. (...) Yup. The dragging was a great idea. But Shiri is correct. I also use IE5 here at work and it sez the same thing. -Tom McD. when replying, once upon a midnight cleary, I stepped in spamcake rancid, smeary.. (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) ditto. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) Welp, if anyone can figure out how to coax MSIE5 into handling JavaScript correcly, and can write up a detailed "HowTo", I'd be happy to add it to a page of instructions on the website. --Todd (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

The problem is with: document.selection() where you are grabbing the clipboard and passing it into the URL. As stated earlier in this thread I have it working fine when this is removed. I have not yet been able to make it work straight from the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) OK, I split the JS code into two versions: one for NN and the other for M$IE. (URL) that getting closer? (...) I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "straight from the address line," but if you mean cutting & pasting it into the URL location (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

Yes, the news, set search, and partsref work straight from the links. The QuickSet search is trying to open 'ql.js' when I enter a set number. Thanks _ _ Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FrHBHn.nK@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) M$IE. (...) Yup this works fine in MSIE 5! Great stuff! I couldn't get the QuickSet working (it starts to download the CGI instead of executing it (?)) (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) Yep. The pause set search works, but quickset (the one I wanted the most :( ) isn't working. Still better, thanks! -Shiri (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) M$IE. (...) Well I also rather had a new window open instead of replacing the message I was reading so Shiri try this: Copy the following (make sure it isn't wrapped) window.open(u,'Sets'...ory.back;} The select the properties of the "Set (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar

(...) Short update: if your browser generates an error message, replace the history.back with history.current -- Frank Buiting Visit the LEGO Lexicon: (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)