 Administrative / General / 4954
Re: Statistics request: NNTP vs HTTP vs SMTP/POP?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:08:35 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Susan Hoover writes:
Sometimes I think I'm the only LUGnut who uses a newsreader to access
LUGNET.  I'm curious to know what percentage of people read and post to
LUGNET via news vs. the web interface vs. e-mail.  That is, what
percentage of posts contain "X-Nntp-Gateway:
http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/" vs. something else?

I'm sure this is one line of Perl.  :-)

I use HTTP but I know a lot of people who use NNTP.
Don't know how you could check what everybody uses collectively, tho'.

-Shiri