 Administrative / General / 4955
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:10:55 GMT

D M Garcia wrote:

    If you feel you will reach a wider audience this way you may be right.
Those of us who don't read .auction don't read it for a reason.  Its not
like this is an isolated place on LUGNET.  Anyone subscribed to LUGNET knows
all about the diffrent groups.  If we want to buy something, we will.  We
read the different sub groups not for auction announcements, but for
discussion on the many pleasures of LEGO.

Ditto.  I do some auctioneering, and I feel that dividing up the .auction group
would be troublesome, but not nearly as troublesome as opening the auction
floodgates even a tiny bit and pouring auction announcements of *any* kind into
the regular theme groups.  That way, people who want auctions know where they'll
be found, and those who don't want to see auctions--save the humorous
third-party finds (like "RARE! BURPS") that appear in .general or
.market.theory, which I enjoy even when I don't want to see auctions.  The
structure is fine by me as it is, even if it sometimes seems too zealously rigid
to others.

My fiftieth of a buck,

Lindsay