 Administrative / General / 4979
Re: Statistics request: NNTP vs HTTP vs SMTP/POP?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 04:09:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:

Would it be greedy to ask for the last 20,000 and 30,000 (or whatever
figures), to try and determine if there is a definate increase in
web-interface usage, and whether that increase is peaking, or set to continue
further?

I'm not a stats freak - just inanely curious :)

I think you want blocks of 10000 else you'll have to do the subtraction
yourself. Better yet blocks of 1000, plotted.

Well, I was trying not to be too greedy :) And in doing so I completely forgot
to say thanks for sharing the stats - dunno why exactly I find them
interesting, but I do!

I'm guessing that the last x is easier to calculate than x to y, but not
knowing how it all hangs together, I don't know by how much. Just enough
information so that some conclusions can be drawn, and not too much so that it
takes time away from valuable admin work, would be great!

Richard