 Administrative / General / 4410
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:43:39 GMT

The filter which limits you from posting to .market.buy-sell-trade isn't
there because of perceived intentions, it's there because of repeatedly
demonstrated actions.

I would argure that it is my inaction which caused this situation.

If the filter is lifted once again, what do you think would be a fair and
reasonable consequence later down the road, should you happen to become • lazy
(your word) or forgetful a fourth time and happen to post yet another • auction
announcement in .b-s-t?  What would be an effective deterrent to that?

I'd settle for being treated the same as anyone else. Forget justice and
injustice, I'll settle for equality. Look at this post:
http://www.lugnet.com/trains/?n=2553
and then this one a few days later:
http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=3205
At the time I mailed him and toldhim of his error. No problem.

BTW : Is the consensus that a "Pre-Auction Announcement/Sale/Trade" cross
post is ok? Something like:

"I have items A, B & C which I intend to auction on DATE. Until then, they
are available for sale/trade"

Just wondering.

Scott A