 Administrative / General / 4415
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:14:21 GMT

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:43:39 GMT, "Scott-A"
<scott-arthur@eh105jb.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

I'd settle for being treated the same as anyone else. Forget justice and
injustice, I'll settle for equality. Look at this post:
http://www.lugnet.com/trains/?n=2553
and then this one a few days later:
http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=3205
At the time I mailed him and toldhim of his error. No problem.

Wow.  Those aren't just mistakes or carelessness, that first one is an
example of willful disregard.  I woulda zapped him.

BTW : Is the consensus that a "Pre-Auction Announcement/Sale/Trade" cross
post is ok? Something like:

No.  I don't see it as a cross-post issue.  I see it as a
"announcement of intent to sell/trade" post to bst, with perhaps a
note that all items not sold/traded by such and such date will then be
auctioned.

THEN, on that date, I see a separate post _only_ to .auction where the
auction listing takes place.

"I have items A, B & C which I intend to auction on DATE. Until then, they
are available for sale/trade"

Just wondering.

I think my way is a) nicer and b) less likely to look like announcing
an auction in bst.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?