 Administrative / General / 4409
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 06:19:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
I happen to think posting a list of sets/parts/items on a page, with specific
prices, or maybe even "make offer" with an indication that anything not sold
through straight-sale method would at a later time be auctioned off is
perfectly legitimate.

Me too -- absolutely.

I'm doing the same thing myself right now, just not
publicly.  But were I to post something like that publicly in bst, I'd make
double-sure it was clear I was looking purely to sell at this time, with the
option to auction if things weren't snatched up.  But I'd keep auction-
specific info out of it.

Yah, that's the way to go -- it's easy -- first one FS/FT post to .bst
listing all the stuff for sale (and there's nothing wrong with including
something saying that anything not sold will later go on the auction block)
-- then later a different post to .auction (you'll have to post a second one
later anyway) listing anything remaining, and announcing it as an auction.

--Todd