 Administrative / General / 3973
  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) it (...) Internet (...) Ok guys I really dont know what all this means, as a new computer user!! let alone new Lugnetter, newsgroup reader etc etc....I was hoping you could help ME????? (I really do want to know) I am running windows NT on a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) Don't slink away! I use the web interface to LUGNET, for the most part. But you would probably enjoy using a news reader MUCH more than using email to browse the groups. (Although I know some people do prefer the email subscriptions.) A (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: eudora thread bug

GREAT write up! crossposted this reply to .faq because it's that good. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq)

  what is a newsreader? (Re: eudora thread bug)

(...) Rachel, A couple of questions: 1. What happens when you click this?-- news://lugnet.com/lu...et.general (Or, if that's not clickable, what happens when you open that URL in your web browser using the Open Location command?) 2. If you go here (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: what is a newsreader? (Re: eudora thread bug)

(...) let (...) and (...) Same thing happened when I click on both of those links, messages downloaded and it asked me if I wanted to suscribe to those groups. Now I have both duplo and general there under my inbox list, does this mean that I won't (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: what is a newsreader? (Re: eudora thread bug)

(...) let (...) and (...) Oh! So now I can post from here as well? Prior to this, I was having to go to the original page I posted from when I first came here, to post, or if I read an email I wanted to reply to, I had to go to that post on lugnet (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: what is a newsreader? (Re: eudora thread bug)

(...) help (...) Here I go again, another question, do I now go in and unsubscribe from the mailing list, or else I guess I will get the messages as emails as well as through the newsreader???? Rachel (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) Thank you Jeff, for your time in posting this, I was reading my emails, came across your post, and decided to finish reading and go back to it, then follow the instructions. Then I read Todds post (thanks Todd) clicked on the link and ta da!!! (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) Hi again Jeff OK you said not to be shy about asking so here I go again, I am so confused!!!!! I assumed that because I had downloaded the groups I wanted to suscribe to, and I had a reply to group and a reply (by email to sender) button in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) Yes. Cool! I knew that Todd had placed hyperlinks somewhere around LUGNET that, when clicked on, would launch your browser's default newsreader to read that newsgroup, but I didn't remember where those links were. Thus the long blathering (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) Sure, you might as well support The Borg and use the Microsoft newsreader. :^) I'm at my Mac this evening and don't use Outlook Express on the Mac -- so tomorrow, when I'm sitting in front of the Outlook Express newsreader on my PC, I'll have (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) tool (...) to (...) communicator (...) there (...) Am feeling very humble here, but couldn't find either edit preferences or edit account. Sorry. I'm still going to Lugnet and finding the message I want, and clicking reply. This is dumb, I (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)