 Administrative / General / 3920
Re: YOUR WANT LIST
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 16:33:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> writes:
I could use a volunteer who speaks French fluently (or least better
than I do, which is not at all) to help Emmanuel figure out the
crossposting thing, and also help him pick the best groups (spamming
the theme groups isn't probably the best idea).

He has done it again.

...so I noticed.  :-/  ;-)

It seems to me that this person is receiving "special treatment".  How
else could he spam all the theme groups and get away with it and even do
it one more time?  I don't mean to sound harsh, but I think that if we
allow one person to spam non-marked groups, it will be easier for others
to do the same later on.  And we don't want all this noise on the theme
groups, do we?

I could swear I'd written him about it at least once before.  I checked my
email archives this morning, and I found this which I wrote to Emmanuel on
October 18, 1999:

TSL> In lugnet.general, Emmanuel Fouquet writes:
TSL> > Hi Legofans,
TSL> >
TSL> > At the end of this week, I'll place 2 new Lego Technic references on
TSL> > DYA SHOPPING website !
TSL>
TSL> And when you do put these up later this week, please don't spam the non-
TSL> market groups again with another off-topic post.  Especially with multiple
TSL> messages not crossposted...  Thanks.
TSL>
TSL> --Todd

This is the message that went out today:

TSL> Emmanuel:
TSL>
TSL> Please STOP spamming the non-market newsgroups!
TSL>
TSL> You posted the same message today in 18 different newsgroups.  :-(
TSL>
TSL> What you are doing is against the LUGNET Terms of Use.
TSL>
TSL>    http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/
TSL>
TSL> (#10 of the discussion group terms and conditions)
TSL>
TSL> I have had to disable your posting permissions to non-market newsgroups
TSL> so that you can't do this anymore.  Sorry.
TSL>
TSL> --Todd

There ya have it.  :-/

--Todd