 Administrative / General / 3704
Re: YOUR WANT LIST
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:29:39 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote:

It is fairly clear (to me, anyway) that this is spamming.  In my
opinion, we shouldn't accept this practice on LUGNET.

What's more, it isn't properly cross posted.

Again, like Scott, I really appreciate what Emanuel does for us, but I
really wish that the communication would happen in the appropriate
groups.

Now after securing sets in a specific theme, I really don't have a
problem with an announcement about those sets going into that theme's
group, but it should be a single announcement, i.e. the "look for set
0000 and 0001 in the next few days, please watch lugnet.market.shopping
for the announcement." (and lugnet.market.shopping I believe is the
appropriate group for the actual sale notices).

The solicitations for sets to look for in my opinion would be
appropriate in lugnet.marker.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, and
probably lugnet.general, with followups set to a single group.

Todd - is it time to set a policy for how these types of solicitations
should be handled, or do the existing rules sufficiently cover these
cases in a clear and obvious manner?

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com