 Administrative / General / 3715
Re: YOUR WANT LIST
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 19:15:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
Todd - is it time to set a policy for how these types of solicitations
should be handled, or do the existing rules sufficiently cover these
cases in a clear and obvious manner?

I agree with Matthew that it's covered already by what he highlighted below...

It's pretty clearly a violation:

  10. Post or re-post a message excessively, especially unsolicited
      advertisements, even if they are directly or indirectly related
      to LEGO toys.

"excessively" is of course open to interpretation, but it _does_ seem
pretty clear in this case.

Y'd think people would know better these days!

I could use a volunteer who speaks French fluently (or least better than
I do, which is not at all) to help Emmanuel figure out the crossposting
thing, and also help him pick the best groups (spamming the theme groups
isn't probably the best idea).  I think I've also seen a lot of DYA
messages posted to multiple .market groups which should've been either
crossposted or contained to one group.  I seem to remember writing to
Emmanuel about this a few months ago, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering
that correctly or if my language was unclear...

--Todd