 Administrative / General / 3592
Re: .market.auction & crossposting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:53:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Brown writes:
Hmm.  (hops across the fence for a second)
This seems a bit like over-policing.  There haven't been very many
violations of the T&C in this area that I've noticed lately, so it is
probably not necessary.

I don't think it's neccessarily necessary either, but it would save time &
hassle & worry.  Anything that the server itself can to do help is something
that a human doesn't have to do.  For example, it's not necessarily
*necessary* that the server inspect incoming posts and reject binaries or
'text/html' messages, but having it do that definitely cuts down on human
issues.  Those things just automatically don't appear.

--Todd