 Administrative / General / 3575
3574  |  3576
Subject:
.market.auction & crossposting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 13:15:27 GMT

I'd like to improve the server's ability to automatically enforce the
"no-auctions outside of auction groups" rule.  Obviously the server can
never do a foolproof job at this, but I think it can do a bit better than
what it is doing currently, which is nothing.

If .market.auction required that posts to it were not crossposted with any
other groups, that would help.  But I've seen places where a discussion
migrated from .market.auction to .market.theory -- so it really shouldn't
prevent crossposting to -all- other groups.

Which groups would make sense to allow into the exceptions list?  I'm
thinkin' a pretty skinny list:

   .market.theory
   .admin.general

--Todd