 Administrative / General / 346
Re: My truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:09:19 GMT

blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:

Ooh!  (As in Uh oh)  I just realized -- but don't have a solution for yet --
LDraw .DAT files posted through the web interface are going to wrap at 79
columns.  Hmm.

LDraw doesn't care if a command is on a single line or not.  Except
for comments (lines starting with a 0), which must be on a single
line.  Hopefully, authors are keeping their comments to a reasonable
length.

Hmm, so you mean its parser ignores line breaks?  Does it use sscanf or
something along those lines?

More problematic for lugnet.cad.dat posting is the .sig/tag lines (as
seen above) appended when a message is posted from the web.

nah, those get filtered out on-the-fly by the ldraw.cgi script.

--Todd