 Administrative / General / 2902
Re: Blind to icons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:13:12 GMT

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:35:48 GMT, "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
(BTW, the CLSotW graphic is very nicely done, Todd!)

Very nicely.

Great!--glad you like it.  BTW, here is a larger version of it, from an
unfinished layout experiment last December (1998)...

  http://www.lugnet.com/cool/makeover/

Do you think it's too big?  On that page, it's 197x197 pixels and 15530 bytes.

It's not too big for that page.

The dark horizontal bars in the right column, BTW, are also seen on the 1999
catalog page that went up in early December last year,

  http://www.lugnet.com/1999/

but I've been a bit hesitant to make widespread use of them without better
understanding customized color settings in web browsers.  I seem to recall
someone (I think it was Tom Stangl) once long ago fervently denouncing the
use of white text on web pages.

Even if you don't use the black bars, the layout changes would make the
CLSotW page more useful.  More useful for me, anyway--I'm an infrequent
visitor, so I always want to check previous winners.

Steve