 Administrative / General / 2845
Re: Limiting quotations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:30:28 GMT

In the following "bad" and "misbehave" is only meant with
respect to the suggested policy.

Christian Holtje:

[...]

I think this is the wrong way.  Trying to enforce policy
like this with automation is going to fail in someway.
The obvious is that someone quotes some "other thread"
in his/her message, and then get's it chopped because
the script thinks it's just a "me-too" style post.

I may not have been clear enough. The server should not
_edit_ the "bad" posts. They should reject them with a
message explaining why it was rejected and what they can
do to get it through the filter anyway.

I think the repeat offenders should be talked to.

Yes, but sometimes it is easier to make a computer send
the message _before_ people "misbehave".

Play well,

Jacob

    --  E-mail:          sparre@cats.nbi.dk          --
    --  Web...:  <URL:http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/>  --