 Administrative / General / 269
Re: CFD: lugnet.announce
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 09:18:41 GMT

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 04:12:23 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

lugnet.announce
===============

Should (and can?) lugnet.announce be renamed to something else which isn't such
a newbie magnet?

No. It's a useful, GOOD group. Make it moderated and you're the only
person that can post stuff to it. IF you want REAL Lego stuff there
too, all people have to do is send it to you. Make the Followup-To
automatically set to lugnet.admin.general

Would a name such as lugnet.announce.important instead get the point across?

No. .announce is at least standard

Could a simple re-wording of the charter suffice in place of a renaming?
(I.e., to say in near-caps that it's not for frivolty?)

I don't think anyone is reading the charters. I surely did not.

Sarah