 Administrative / General / 252
CFD: lugnet.announce
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 04:12:23 GMT

Informal call for dicussion...

lugnet.announce
===============

Should (and can?) lugnet.announce be renamed to something else which isn't such
a newbie magnet?

Is the current name just too inviting to newbies

Would a name such as lugnet.announce.important instead get the point across?

Is its prominence on the page  <http://www.lugnet.com/news/groups/>  a dubious
placement?

Could a simple re-wording of the charter suffice in place of a renaming?
(I.e., to say in near-caps that it's not for frivolty?)

--Todd

p.s.  A desire is not to have any moderated groups here, for technical as well
as legal reasons...