 Administrative / General / 262
Re: CFD: lugnet.announce
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 06:17:51 GMT

lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:

mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
think lugnet.admin.announce might work also.

Good suggestion. I think lugnet.announce.important wouldn't really do much
good -- after all, everything I say is important.

Well, yes, of course it is.  :)  Me too, and Mike especially.  :)

I guess renaming would be a last resort -- I'll move it down on the web page
list, and on the web posting page, it really ought to repeat the group charter,
especially for groups like that which are prone to pseudo-abuse.

--Todd

Okee, instead of moving it down on the page, I changed the title bar of the
announcements block from "Announcements" to "Important Announcements" and
reworked the description:

   General-interest announcements to the community (breaking news about
   products, releases, contests, events, and sites, etc.); also, important
   LUGNET information (new features, services, scheduled downtime, etc.);
   NOTE: auction announcements, new-user introductions, questions, and
   test-postings are all inappropriate in this group

Let's see if this works first before trying something more drastic...(fingers
crossed).

--Todd