 Administrative / General / 14032
14031  |  14033
Subject:
Post, cross-post, mispost (was Re: Looking for old Convention Programs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 00:04:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Bob Parker wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin wrote:
   FUT .admin.general
SNIP (and note I am posting this to both .off-topic.debate and .admin.general to preserve the flow of the discussion, whilst directing it to a more appropriate group - it’s really not that difficult).

If I haven’t learned all of the posting, cross-posting (1), follow-up posting, re-directing, re-cross-posting, re-cross-directing rules in the almost 8 years (2) that I’ve been a member (3) of this site, then I assume that its hopeless for schmucks like me.

It’s never hopeless, Bob. With care, and with guidance from community leaders and others, you can improve not only your following-up posting, re-directing, re-cross-posting, re-cross-directing, but the whole LUGNET experience for all.

   SNIP follow up to .o-t.fun (because it seems most appropriate for members (3) and posts like this one)

Good call. Although, you should have cross-posted your post to .o-t.fun as well. Unless you were just making a point.

I have cross-posted back to .admin.general, to preserve the narrative flow as well as leaving it in your desired destination of .o-t.fun (though misposting is never fun, in my view), with the FUT remaining as .o-t.fun.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
CO Legeaux

Please consider the FUT (and crossposting to that FUT) if responding.