 Administrative / General / 13965 (-20)
  Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader?

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:JrHMyn.CMr@lugnet.com... (...) This is apparently still happening. I sent a post for authentication on 11/23/2007 10:19AM and the authentication message did not show up until (...) (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Serious E-mail issue resolved

Hi again, this is to inform you that the mail system status is back to normal, remaining backlog being at approx. 100-120 messages which is the normal level we get with all the incoming spam. I have changed spam handling to the point that spam is (...) (17 years ago, 14-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Serious E-mail issue resolved

Since I think you may all want an update on this: While the mail server is actually done with working through the large backlog of incoming and outgoing mails, there are now some 15,000 mails waiting to be checked for spam and then processed by the (...) (17 years ago, 14-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader?

(...) Hi Willy, I am so sorry - apparently we had a severe problem in the mail system that went unnoticed (I really was knee-deep in a number of issues and did not suspect anything to be wrong, let alone the warning system to actually misinterpret (...) (17 years ago, 14-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader?

(...) It's definitely a Lugnet problem. I haven't received any news-by-mail posts either recently. The last one I got was on Halloween. I hope this gets fixed very soon! Rene, where are you? -- David Schilling (17 years ago, 13-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader?

(...) I'm getting this too---that is, my newsreader thinks that it's posting, but since I never get the authentication e-mail my posts never go up. Moreover, when I go to the multiple post authentication page (URL) lets me submit my address (which I (...) (17 years ago, 11-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader?

(...) Possibly related, I don't know I normally post logged onto the site so haven't had authentication email problems, but I haven't received the news by mail I normally get (digest for CAD and every post for trains). This could be a Hotmail (...) (17 years ago, 10-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader?

Hi, someone else experiencing the following: * No authentication mails form Lugnet when posting through the web interface when not logged in * No posts when posting through the newsreader * The only way to post is through the web interface with (...) (17 years ago, 10-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) I'm "all in" :-d (...) That really does sound like fun. Alas, it won't be. But you're coming to Brickworld, yes? And bring along (by the ear, if you have to) Koudys, too! (Chris in tow is a given) (...) What's the drinking age in TGWN? Ross (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) It's fun there. Clever riffing = good times, is what I always say. (...) Listen, I fully disclosed... I can't help it if you don't read your mail or hate the TRUTH. JOHN (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) First round of virtual drinks are on me... Pulls out my invisible Gold Card, who's up for shots???? Hey John, why dont you and Ross pack up the train display and come join as at the Hobby Show the first weekend of November??? Come on, you know (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) Gee John, if that's your real name. Where did you get that idea? Tell THE TRUTH and don't HATE ME. Seriously: John's rampant conceptual pilfering notwithstanding, I think that this would be a nice idea to try out, so I second the motion if (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) The name "lounge" for an ot forum is not my idea, mind you. But I disagree. I like the way off-topic works; I just think an o-t.lounge might be in order. The OTL. I'd hang there, just like the Friends who hung out in Central Perk (how was that (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) Wow, that is a great name! This would've been a great alternative to the .off-topic name, back in the beginning... wish we'd thought of it then! --Todd (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  LUGNET needs a Lounge

.fun/.pun are for FUs when threads swerve OT; .debate has contentious connotations. A lounge would provide true OT living, where the pithy and the clever could congregate and gentle smack would be allowed-- like an .rtl, without all of the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  New Lugnet member profile name problem

This summer I joined Lugnet. In my profile ((URL) my name appears repeated many times, as if my full name were entered for both my first and last names (it is not inconceivable I did this by accident myself). For example, where "John Smith" appears (...) (17 years ago, 24-Aug-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Long delay between email post and authentication request

@all, I have dug into the issue a bit more, and having spent the last 2 hours or so working through the mail queues, I have found that the mail gateway for LUGNET news is currently being drowned in spam to invalid addresses. The active queue is now (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Long delay between email post and authentication request

(...) I have *no* problems with getting the initial "Message awaiting authentication" mail, it has (almost) always arrived within a minute. The problem is that if I auth by replying to the email, it will take an enormous amount of time before the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Long delay between email post and authentication request

(...) @all, I have identified a substantial increase of Spam to the mail-gateway, which basically resulted in an "overfull" queue of deferred bounces (the mail gateway does send a response to the original sender if for any reasons it cannot accept a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Long delay between email post and authentication request

(...) Ummm. Authentication response sent at 07:20 Am I now going to have to wait another 5 and a quarter hours for this to actually appear on the list? (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact