 Administrative / General / 13963
Re: Serious E-mail issue resolved
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:34:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Since I think you may all want an update on this:

While the mail server is actually done with working through the large backlog of
incoming and outgoing mails, there are now some 15,000 mails waiting to be
checked for spam and then processed by the mail-to-news gateway. There are
already a lot of digests and authentication requests going out, and the traffic
page shows posts surging, but I figure the delay will remain significant for a
couple of hours.

At least I can assure everyone that it looks like nothing got lost - all your
mails just failed to process properly. It will all sort out during the day.

Again, sorry for the inconveniences,

Jerry