 Administrative / General / 13770
13769  |  13771
Subject:
Message indexing awry?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 06:35:32 GMT

There appears to be something dicky happening with some message indexing.

Example 1: http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=13211 should be attached to
this post: http://news.lugnet.com/build/mecha/?n=13162

Example 2: (in the same thread): http://news.lugnet.com/fun/?n=1423 should be a
reply to: http://news.lugnet.com/storage/?n=1553 but appears beside it in the
tree display.

Example 3: http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=13207 should be a reply to:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3007

There may be others, finding them is a bit hit n miss. One common thing I
noticed in those 3 cases is that the message and it's reply are in different
groups, and I'm wondering if messages have been moved but indexes not updated
correctly or something like that?

Example 4: (may not be related): In this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/build/mecha/?n=13160 the links to other posts all get 404
errors. The raw message shows they all have <url=...> which seems a bit strange.

ROSCO