 Administrative / General / 13207
Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 01:29:00 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.announce, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
Dear readers,

As some of you may have already known, Todd Lehman and I recently decided to
limit our involvement in LUGNET to the end of this Fall. We both will always
love LUGNET and feel great pride in what its users have grown it into, but we
have fresh endeavors to pursue now. Mine, incidentally, will continue to keep
me busy within the AFOL Community where my heart lies.

I've worked hard for the past few months on finding the best person, or
people, to adopt the project. I feel extremely fortunate and pleased to
announce that LUGNET will live on and prosper in the very capable hands of
René Hoffmeister. • [...]
Over the next few months, Todd and I will be sorting out details. For now,
let's all give a big cheer for René and proceed to celebrate his new role in
our community! This is truly great news, and it marks a new age of positive
potential for us.

So, "Yea yeay, René! Welcome, and thank you."

Sincerely,

Suzanne Rich Green and Todd Lehman
co-founders of LUGNET

A quick update on the situation: René provided me with a document outlining
points for us to review. Todd and I have looked at this and are adding notes of
our own. I'm happy to say, thus far we all are in agreement and I believe the
transition will be a smooth one.

I originally allotted myself until October to finish my work here. I believe it
will take as long. I'm currently in the middle of other important life-stuff
that's higher priority. Hence, my recent silence. But don't worry, Todd and I
are keeping an eye on things here daily.

Before all is said and done, I'll ask questions of the community and seek its
input. Right now I'm not prepared to do that though. But, SOON, I hope!

(^_^)

-Suz