 Administrative / General / 13539
Re: This is it: We're moving!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:59:38 GMT

Gereon "Jerry" Stein wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, "Jason Allemann" <jason@parlugment.org> wrote:

FYI, I'm getting some odd results searching in News....

- A lot of searches (searching for 'micro' for example) are returning 1 result
followed by the error:

An internal server error occurred:

Died at /usr/home/lugnet/news/ADMIN/search/lnna.pm line 51.

The issue seems to be with some of the article indexes. I'm researching this,
and while it lasts, I have installed a workaround that should return an
acceptable list of results (only a couple of extra "score" displays for articles
that fail to load).

It may be that we will have to run some sort of re-index. Nothing critical, I
expect.

Thanks for all the feedback, this is really what we need to find all the itches
and scratches that you usually get after a move of this dimension.

Jerry

Listen, Jerry,

this is all well and good, but on the last server, I left a few MILLION
Euros,  if you happen to find them, just let me know.

thanks

Chris

BTW.  GREAT job on the switch over.