 Administrative / General / 13390 (-20)
  Re: Alternatives to Lugnet? Was: Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I like that last line. LEGOFan.org is one place. However, like LUGNET, it is currently flying without a pilot, and things that need to be fixed aren't getting fixed there either. Still, I enjoy some of the conversation over there. (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Alternatives to Lugnet? Was: Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Yeah, uh, this is a little too much for me. One of the things that I love about lego is that I look forward to sharing this hobby with my kids someday. I would love to share an online community with them too, someplace where we can both get (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I debated and debated whether to post to this thread. I don't want anyone to think for a second that any of what I'm about to say applies in any sort of official, quasi-official, or post-official sorta way. What I'm about to say is my own (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) warning: raging bile duct Yup. Living proof right here. The registering process is a pain, and due to the posting hassles I've posted a grand total of 8 posts on lugnet for the 2-or so years I've been registered here. No matter what you say (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) and if I'm not, why keep kicking me when I'm down? It only makes the little I can do harder.. -Suz (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) So who (in your view) *IS* part of the solution? You've already said you don't think Todd & Suz are, or these mysterious mockers. Maybe a re-formed LPRC? Who would be the members, do you think? What other solution do you have? Maybe you think (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Well, I *am* pretty disillusioned at this point, so that's a valid (and astute) observation on your part. It's always sad to see something deteriorate, especially something that you invested considerable emotional capital(1) in making a (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) OK. Makes (some kind of) sense now. Sorry for the nag, but you sounded so disillusioned in that post that I was actually wondering if it was the real Larry that had written it... (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New group under Events for Brick Bash?

(...) Slickness. Thanks! (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: I wonder ....

(...) I sent the emails to todd@lugnet.com, suz@lugnet.com and admin@lugnet.com. Jude (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New group under Events for Brick Bash?

(...) Setting it up now... --Todd (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: I wonder ....

(...) I didn't see it either. I'm supposed to be getting email to admin@lugnet.com, but I haven't seen any in a while. I think the procmail mechanism may still be broken. Are people still unable to post through the mail gateway? --Todd (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New group under Events for Brick Bash?

(...) OK, thanks for the info. (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: I wonder ....

(...) Thanks for actioning this request. Jude (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New group under Events for Brick Bash?

(...) FTR, I've asked Todd repeatedly to take care of this. It's not something I can do. I'm sorry. -Suz (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I believe Todd is taking action now. -Suz (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: I wonder ....

(...) That was seriously inappropriate. I've canceled it. I'm sorry that I didn't see e-mail about it. Only Todd receives admin@lugnet.com. -Suz (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: I wonder ....

(...) Tim, As discussed, I actually agree with you and ask someone with the authority to please delete (URL). I have sent emails to who I thought are the admins to deal with this (Todd, Suz and admin@lugnet.com) and have not received a response, (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Very true. However, whatever happens (or doesn't happen) with LUGNET in the future, I'll always be supportive of Todd and Suz. By the very fact that LUGNET is still here and we're still visiting and talking about LEGO in the various NG's is (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  What happened to the new servers? (Was Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!)

(...) Hmmm. Are you saying that the new servers that we community-fundraised for two years ago: (URL) never been brought into service? Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 31-Mar-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact