 Administrative / General / 13389
13388  |  13390
Subject:
Alternatives to Lugnet? Was: Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 22:50:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer wrote:
   I can’t believe he is even allowed to post PERIOD after threatening another member with physical harm. A member who is being called a troll for asking reasonable questions.

Yeah, uh, this is a little too much for me.

One of the things that I love about lego is that I look forward to sharing this hobby with my kids someday. I would love to share an online community with them too, someplace where we can both get ideas and inspiration from the creations of others the world over. Unfortunately, it looks as though Lugnet won’t be such a place.

Which begs the question... What else is there? Where else do you guys frequent to see the imaginative posts of others? Mind you, I’m not talking about image hosting sites like BrickShelf, but forum-based sites like Lugnet, where you can write down the fancies of your imagination that inspired your creation. Preferably someplace “reasonably” moderated to prevent this kind of malarkey. (Or maybe such a site is a niche waiting to be filled?)

Sincerely,

Michael Peek

P.S. Lugnet, honey, I don’t want to give up on what we have, I’ll still be around. I just feel like maybe it’s time that we branch out and see other people...

P.P.S. Is your sister home? :)