 Administrative / General / 12880 (-10)
  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I'm talking about the general case. We've had several situations in the recent past when mail from admins was not received (and no bounce was returned) which led to difficulty, warnings not received, timeouts not properly started because they (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: my “button pushing” opinion! ;)

(...) My miscounting was wrong, and I was wrong to say Larry did any abusive emailing. I respectfully request that (URL) post be cancelled, so that Larry no longer has to defend himself against false charges. (...) Not in my opinion. Kevin (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Context: LUGNET is not a democracy

(...) I agree. I wish there were ways to prevent *my* posts from being highlight. Admin is the correct place ti discuss this stuff, not out there for people who don't care to see. Kevin (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Trust: was Re: LUGNET members association

(...) You told us you wanted us to wordsmith it and fix syntax and gramatical errors. When I first started proposing ideas that were not in the document, a member of LTT started arguing with me. In an attempt to look at each case, I applied *my* (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) We love you anyway :) (...) I would disagree with that though. Not to mention the server sends emails all the time - news-by-mail, auth emails, etc? (...) Ah, that's what I thrive on :) Perhaps one of the other admins knows? Can find out? (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) nm, I read further down the thread and found my answer. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Please forgive my lack of webknowledge. You KNOW I'm a WEBTARD!! We've been over it before ;) Lugnet, right now as I understand it, cannot handle items like automated emails and whatnot. I've had quite a few ideas for upgrading content stuff (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I thought I was answering what you asked... And what hsould be done NOW? Since you are aware of the problem, just have one of the other admins mail Kevin if need be - since it doesn't matter which admin the official mail comes fron... (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: my “button pushing” opinion! ;)

(...) Yeah, a lot of people. But MOST people think that Larry is suitable to be an admin. And most importantly, Todd thinks Larry is an excellent choice to be an admin - as it is Todd's choice to empower an Admin or not. -Lenny (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: (...) I don't understand -- how is requiring admins to use their @lugnet.com address to send official email dependent on server changes? We aren't talking about switching addresses for posting to (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact