 Administrative / General / 12869
  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Not really, no. I agree that's the desired end state but that's not what the server does now, is it? I'm asking about what should be done NOW. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I thought I was answering what you asked... And what hsould be done NOW? Since you are aware of the problem, just have one of the other admins mail Kevin if need be - since it doesn't matter which admin the official mail comes fron... (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I'm talking about the general case. We've had several situations in the recent past when mail from admins was not received (and no bounce was returned) which led to difficulty, warnings not received, timeouts not properly started because they (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Wow, I didn't know. In that case, a solution should certainly be found. In the meantime, a workaround would be to send two copies of the email from two admins, maybe? The chance both will fail are much smaller... And that doesn't require any (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Honestly, Larry, are you really asking for advise? Or are you just excercising your natural method for drawing out a thread ad infintum, until the other part gives up? Short term advice: Get yourself a gmail account and post from there - gmail (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Yes, honestly, I am. Not for me but for the other admins too. As I said, we had some situations in the past where emails (from other admins, NOT from me) went blocked or went lost and we, the admins, had no idea it happened. I agree that short (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) That's what I'm talking about! I didn't think of that idea, good workaround, thanks. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) First of all, one can try to get a receipt from the receivers mail program. This is certainly not fool proof, but if you get a receipt, the receiver has almost certainly seen at least the Subject of the mail. If you never get a receipt, you (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)