 Administrative / General / 12320 (-20)
  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) From a site listing Carlin's 7 words: "So far we can still write them on the Internet, at least until the thought Nazi's finally get their wish and reduce the limits of content to that which is suitable for two year olds." Food for thought. M (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Fair point. Kelly is having some tech problems though, so please forgive if he just signs at the bottom till we get that fixed. (not speaking officially here, I haven't yet in this thread.) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote: When speaking as an official representative of LUGNET, please make it clear by using the special symbol that Todd and others use. You presume we all know who you are and that is an invalid assumption. (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) K, you are sooooo talking to the wrong guy about this one. If it were up to me, right now every bridge, every overhead sign, everything along the highway system, would have a photo radar installed. Give me 10 grande to install the first,then (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) This is something people need to really think about. I have a gut feeling that all the admins (with perhaps the exception of Todd) are having these feelings. Big question: Do you folks want Lugnet to continue and prosper? Or do you want to (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Bring on the Calum post!!!!!! Those are the best part of these things! Dave K (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

Hi Lenny! (...) In fact there is no explicit 'no cursing' policy. All there is on 1000steine is the usual 'net etiquette', everybody is held to try to be pleasant and polite. Of course no illegal content is allowed in any case. Most of the time only (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Do you insist on a speeding ticket every time you speed, or else repeal of all speeding laws? This "sometimes the admins spot it and sometimes they don't" is a red herring in my view. We spot what we spot, and we spot what people bring to our (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) I'll 3rd that suggestion. I don't mean that as any sort of "please go" but simply to agree that Rene, Ben, Axel, Holger, etc. are great guys and it's often fun explore new online communities. Also, I've heard nothing but good things about (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Willy, I'd like to 2nd Ben's suggestion. If Lugnet isn't your cup of tea, then 1000steine might be. I've met Rene and Ben in person and both are excellently nice guys. Ben, Are you meaning to say that 1000steine doesn't have a 'no cursing' (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Jojo, Maybe you could explain to me why you have a problem with the rule, and then why you have a problem with us enforcing the rule. Your spitefulness seems to be coming out of nowhere - as if you demand the right to use curse words and (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

I was going to respond by saying you're a big drama queen. But, at the time I'm writing this, 10 people have spotlighted your post and made it headline one. It currently rests over Joe Meno's very outstanding accomplishment at LEGO®Palooza. Thats (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) I think this would make Lugnet a better place. And so I say "Please moderate me!" -Jason (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) Kelly, I think you misspelled "poopstorm." Anyway, that reminds me: when the posting authentication stuff went in a few years back, the architecture underneath was such that a post goes through "stages" of life: submitted, pending, then live (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

Ciao Willy! Kopf hoch, laß Dich nicht ins Bockshorn jagen! Ja, diese Zensur hier ist perfide und albern, und grundsätzlich solidarisiere ich mich mit Dir*. Aber diese Praktik sollte Dich nicht daran hindern, weiterhin in dieser Gemeinschaft aktiv zu (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) If the code puts ###@%% in for a list of words, then any word that 'slips thru' would be manually edited such that the word is now #@%#@#. The code'll catch the 95 percent, thus freeing up admins time for the other 5. Dave K (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) That's my sticking point too... we can technically put a filter in place, but that won't stop people from going around it. If they are going to violate the ToS, they're going to work at it. It's more a matter of understanding that rules are in (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Perhaps rather than removing (or editing) the posts, the posts containing potentially offensive verbage should be quarantined. That is, insert a warning page in front of the post indicating that the moderators have determined that it might (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Hello Terry, Larry is really a great guy once you get to know him. Yes, he can be brash at times, but he means well. Lord knows I've had my disagreements with Larry, but we work through those and we are the better for it. (...) Larry brings a (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact