 Administrative / General / 12180 (-10)
  Re: The whole story?

(...) Do we even know that the library took offense? I've read nothing here at LUGNET from the Library that found Larry's post offensive. Furthermore, reading Larry's post from any outsider point of view, how could one take serious offense to (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: "fired"?

(...) Yes it is, for I didn't see a violation and, again my interpretation, you mis-applying the TOS does not make it right, so it is up for a debate. But again, that's just my stance. Further, in my opinion, you seem to be very selective as to what (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) As I have said the whole thread would not have occurred had he been man enough to apologize to NILTC and the library. He did apologize to me but then went forward with all this obfuscation and justification. His apologies are apparently (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Funny I've found quite a few "reasonable" people who found it offensive. Some of whom have posted it this thread. (...) It doesn't really matter what your view is because the TOU is very clear. Personal information will not be divulged with (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Well since you "called" I came, and by no means do I claim to be a conflict resolutions manager nor a therapist (I just play one on Lugnet). I want to resist commenting directly on particulars because I truly do not want to add fuel to a (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Refresh my memory on what a mundane is? (...) Well, I *think* that Ken read that meaning in what you wrote. The reason I think this is because he quoted that passage back to you on another node in this thread, and it's also what first came to (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) No, he was talking about past postings to off-topic.debate, near as I can tell, so I don't think so. (...) I think so, yes. Not at all justified, but yes. (...) Certainly. It's written all over it, in the word choices used. (...) No. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Can we talk a little bit more about the messing it up issue? Do you think Larry was attacking you personally or NILTC as a whole by replying to the NILTC invitation? He has said since that his intention was not to attack you or anyone, but (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) I think Ken means that your correcting the word "Legos" was being picky. (...) I'm not precisely sure, but I think Ken felt that the pickiness slighted the NILTC announcement. (...) Do you mean that you think Ken bears you animosity now? Ken, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Again the facts have been posted multible times It's a waste of time to repost them. (...) Apparently there is nothing that can help. The facts have been laid out several times. All you want to do is obfuscate the facts and parse the words. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact